Fulfilling the mission of The Billie Holiday Theatre would not be possible without the generous support of our foundation, government and corporate partners, as well as our individual donors. We extend our deepest gratitude for their commitment to bringing world-class theater to the audiences and artists of Bedford Stuyvesant and beyond.
THREE WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT THE BILLIE:
PHONE: Call the box office at 718-636-0918 with your credit card, and let them know you're calling to Back The Billie!
MAIL A CHECK: Please make your checks out to The Billie Holiday Theatre, Inc., and include your contact information.
Billie Holiday Theatre
Back The Billie! Fundraiser
PO Box 470131
Brooklyn, NY 11247-0131
The Billie Holiday Theatre, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
The 2019 - 2020 Season is a part of the 50th anniversary strategic plan launched in 2017 to fold community into world-class artistic experiences in the heart of Bed-Stuy, as part of Project 2067, looking 50 years into the future. The Billie Holiday Theatre was founded in 1972 by Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation, whose partnership provides a vital platform for the sustainability of world-class arts and culture in the heart of Bed-Stuy.
Lead support for the 2019 - 2020 season provided by:
- Ford Foundation
- Howard Gilman Foundation
- The J. L. Greene Art Access Fund in The New York Community Trust has partnered with The Billie Holiday Theatre to bring the performing arts to underrepresented audiences throughout New York.
Our ability to tell stories that matter in the epicenter of the largest community of people of African descent in the nation is made possible with support from our partners:
- The New York Community Trust
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- The Laurie Tisch Illumination Fund
- The Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation
- Con Edison
- The Fund for the City of New York
- Lily Auchincloss Foundation
- The Shubert Foundation
- Srinija Srinivasan Fund of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- John Golden Fund
The 2019 - 2020 Season is made possible, in part, by public funds and support from:
- The New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council
- Commissioner Tom Finkelpearl
- The Office of the Mayor of the City of New York with the support of Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Office of the Brooklyn Borough President with the support of Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams
- New York City Council (District 36) with the support of Councilmember Robert E. Cornegy
- Majority Leader Councilmember Laurie Cumbo
- Assemblymember Tremaine Wright.