Overview of Health and Safety Protocols
Your health and safety remain our biggest priority as we are deeply committed to maintaining a healthy environment for all students, staff, faculty and parents. We will continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control, New York State, and New York City as circumstances continue to change. It is critical that we do everything we can to use the Restoration studio space safely, prevent the spread of COVID-19, and protect all those who enter and exit the building.
Arrival and Screening
Upon arriving at Restoration, anyone entering the building will be required to undergo the following:
- A mask must be worn at all times; face coverings with vents are not permitted.
- Complete a COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire as required by the city of New York which can be completed on your cell phone device.
- Submit to contactless temperature checks at entry. If your temperature reads above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, this is considered a fever and you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Wipe down cell phone with sanitary wipes before checking in your cell phone.
- Use hand sanitizer.
To ensure a safe learning and professional environment, please adhere to the following:
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Remain six feet apart from others.
- If using the elevator, limit elevator capacity to no more than two people.
The Billie Holiday Theater Youth Arts Academy is committed to ensuring the highest standard of cleaning and sanitizing throughout the building, including:
- Daily enhanced cleaning and disinfection in accordance with CDC and health official recommendations.
- Air purifiers and enhanced ventilation; MERV-13 filters are used to filter out particles for coughs/sneezes, steam, and vapor.
- In addition to Restoration cleaning staff daily cleaning, students will be a rotation schedule to dry clean floors and wipe surfaces.
The Billie Holiday Theater Youth Arts Academy requires that all staff, Teaching Artist, accompanist, faculty and students be fully vaccinated before October 13, 2021. If students are not fully vaccinated by October 13, 2021, we will offer the classes on zoom until proof of a completed vaccination card. We will continue to monitor all health and safety information from official sources.
If any student, instructor, staff member, or visitor who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or receives a positive COVID-19 test: if on site, please isolate and e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org immediately for guidance on proper next steps to take.